Saturday 14 September 2013

Hard Times Ahead!

After picking up a bit yesterday, Pete seems very unhappy again today with a lot of pain in his groin. He is spending more time just lying on the bed staring into space and, probably, thinking about the pain he is enduring which doesn't help the situation at all.  He isn't interested in watching television or listening to music to take his mind off it.  He isn't walking at all well and, indeed, his legs just seemed to give way beneath him today and he ended up kneeling on the floor.  Not good.
The other major thing is that he now doesn't want to be left on his own at all.  This is going to mean I will have to rearrange my life to ensure this doesn't happen.  Plan A was to get a carer to come in whilst I had driving lessons or went to do shopping.  Unfortunately, this is not a viable proposition as our income has been drastically cut.  So now to find a Plan B!  It is probably going to have to be that I don't go to town at all and, hopefully, can get someone to pick me up anything I need when they are in town.  Then I can cut driving lessons to one a week and get someone to come here for an hour whilst I am out.  This seems a good plan - not the best thing in the world but do-able.  To only have one hour a week out of the situation here is going to be very very hard, and is a scarey prospect,  but, hey, Pete doesn't even get that.  
One of the lovely ladies that I used to work with came over this afternoon and it was so good to just talk about other things and forget everything bad for a while.
We are just about dried out now after the flood and I managed to get a lot of washing dried outside in the sun and wind today, before the gales and rain tomorrow.
I would like to say onwards and upwards but that looks increasingly impossible!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment