Tuesday 29 April 2014

Very Good News

I passed my driving test!!!!  Oh yes!!!  
Today has been the best day for a very long time.  I took my driving test and was quite prepared for a fail but, no, I actually passed!  Not bad for a 61 year old methinks!  And to pass first time - I feel pretty bloody pleased with myself.  It's something I never thought I would do, I was always quite happy to have my own chauffeur and never dreamt circumstances would dictate I needed to do it, but, so be it, life dished the dirty and forced my hand.  
I have been out with Martin (who was probably shaking in his shoes!) tonight and he said I was alright and he felt quite relaxed by the end.  I have to thank Martin for the time he has given to me practising manoeuvres.  The manoeuvre I was dreading was reverse parking in a bay - and, sure enough, that's the one I got!! But miracle of miracles I got it perfect first time.  
This is going to make such a difference to Pete and I, we will be able to go out when we want, and hopefully this will make him want to go out.  I am going to do a few more outings with Martin and then take Pete - he has promised he won't get a rage on and will keep quiet!!!  You never know Adrian, one day we may rock up in Bristol - but not for a while yet!!! 
And that's it, I am still smiling to myself and have been all day!  The tears flowed from Pete when I came home and showed him my pass certificate! 
Wheeeeeee, North Devon here I come!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment