Wednesday 21 May 2014

Another week gone

Time seems to be passing very quickly at the moment - I don't know why, but the weeks are flying by.
Pete hasn't been too bad apart from having toothache over the weekend which brought him down again, also hasn't helped his weight much as he hasn't really been eating until today.  I had to take him to the dentist on Monday which was the first time I had taken him anywhere on my own! I worried all day (appointment was at 3.20pm) about parking but Martin assured me there was space there and I would be alright.  It turned out half alright!!! I found the parking but didn't get in properly first go so had to have another try, meanwhile Pete was getting agitated as to where I was going, so I got very tense and ended up straddling 2 spaces and decided that as there was loads of room and I wasn't in anyone's way that was where I was going to stay - much to Pete's disgust and he was having a full scale strop, not quite a rage but getting there!!!!  Anyway the dentist (who has moved since our last visit) assured me they were still wheelchair friendly and, indeed, they were - the only problem being the fact there was no dropped kerb anywhere near, in fact not at all the whole length of the pavement which proved a bit of a problem but I managed in the end after much huffing and puffing and brute force!! The end result of the visit was that Pete has an infection and then needs the tooth out.  Antibiotics were prescribed and another appointment arranged but, unfortunately, that isn't until 11th June. Not looking forward to that!!! 
Pete had also come with us to Lidl last week and seemed ok with my driving apart from the fact I didn't park in disabled spaces!! Not enough room!!  I think I may have to have a lesson on how to whizz in and out of parking spaces like everyone else! Or else I can sit in a car park and watch everyone!!  It's all very stressful! 
Last Saturday was a brilliant day for me although Pete spent most of it on the bed.  My sister came up for the day and I picked her up from the station and, amazingly, I did park ok there!!  I always love seeing her as it's non-stop conversation with no effort.  Then in the evening it was out with the Lovely Ladies for our regular gossip and catch up, we went to a fish & chip restaurant and it was delicious!  Huge portions and, although we looked at the dessert menu, all decided any more and we would be sick!! Anyway a great day for me.
Yesterday Rebecca from the Stroke Association rang to see how we were doing and to say they were thinking of doing another series of sessions for carers of people with aphasia.  I reiterated how helpful this had been to me and she is hopeful she may be able to feed people to us after it finishes which would be so good. 
So there we are, another week gone and another bank holiday looming. Time flies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment