Sunday 5 May 2013

The Saga Continues!

Friday finished well and Saturday started well! No leg pain and the antibiotics seemed to be working - but then it all fell apart again yesterday afternoon! In the middle of the afternoon Pete came back from the bathroom and indicated the pesky bugs were active again! I admit I was a bit sceptical as it doesn't seem right that the antibiotics stopped working after 24 hours and he still hadn't finished the course. So said just to drink water and wait until the course was finished, but Pete got so distressed again and I just couldn't face another evening of him being upset and angry so I agreed to ring the Devon Drs to see what they said. After speaking to a dr and giving all the details of what has been happening, he wrote a prescription for yet another course of antibiotics, so we are now on the third lot! Luckily he didn't want to see Pete so we didn't have to go through all that, but Martin did have to take me to get the prescription - he must dread his phone ringing now!!!
Anyway, so far so good, they seem to be working but I am certainly not counting my chickens yet! Until the course is finished (7 days) and he hasn't had a recurrence I won't be relaxing. Every time Pete comes back from the bathroom I wait with baited breath! Hopefully it will be third time lucky as it's all been very stressful for all of us.
Today has been a beautiful warm day, just like summer! Pete went for a walk around outside this morning and we met Patrick and had a nice chat, and I have received further instructions on growing tomatoes and also have to sort out the strawberries we have coming on - a few haven't grown so need replacing, so I have to get some runners from Patrick's and plant them in. The cucumbers are looking well and I have been told what to do with them. Then this afternoon we went outside again and did a bit of weeding in the garden, Pete managed to do a bit as well. Have I ever mentioned that I don't do gardening! I really dislike it and my having to take over was never on the agenda!! But, hey ho, I have to do it now - begrudgingly!!! Give me an area of concrete with tubs of pretty flowers and a garden lounger and I am happy!! Luckily we haven't got a lawn that needs cutting.
No Vista Class tomorrow as it is Bank Holiday and the forecast is for another day like today - so, fingers crossed we will have a good, relaxing day! I bloody hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment