Wednesday 19 June 2013

Positive Day - for a change!!!

We have had a good day today, especially this afternoon.   
To take things in the order they happened - we started with a nurse arriving to change Pete's catheter.  This was good news, but on the down side she arrived 10 minutes before I had to leave to get to a drs appointment!  So my many questions remain unanswered, but that will be easily solved with a phone call to her I hope.  This one can stay in 12 weeks!!  But I need to know whether she will return after that time or whether I need to arrange it.  Also I have a few questions on the care side of having one in.
I attended my appointment with the GP and, I am very pleased to say, he has agreed to take Pete onto his list.  What a difference in attitude!!  He wants Pete to go in to see him for a 'meet and greet' and so that he can assess/review the situation, have a chat with us and get any tests he deems necessary done.  At last, a GP who cares, he also looked after my mum and was brilliant with her so I am confident things will change for the better now.  He has also signed me off for 4 weeks which will cover my period of notice to my employers.  Yes, I have made the decision to give up work.  I would worry about leaving Pete for 6 hours now and also as I never know how he will be in the mornings, I would be going to bed wondering whether I can go to work the next day.  These are things I don't need to deal with and, having made the decision for definite, I feel much better.  Things will be difficult but, hey ho,  we will survive I'm sure.
Just after lunch my mate from work called in and brought me some Lindt chocolate balls (my absolute fave choc, absolute heaven) and a collapsing giraffe I had in work which NEVER fails to make me laugh!!  She is a star and I will desperately miss working with her but we will be meeting regularly for catch ups and chats.
Then, the icing on the cake, this afternoon we had a visit from Pete's sister, brother in law, and brother.  Pete was absolutely so thrilled to see Ruth and Dave, very emotional when they arrived and again after they had gone.  It really really cheered him up and made his day.  Lots of chat and Pete very alert all the time, not once did he slip into the state he has been in so often lately.  They also brought their Jack Russell, Petra, which, as Pete loves dogs, was the double icing on the cake!!   As he has been so introverted lately I was a bit worried how he would be, but am ecstatic now, it was fantastic to see him so animated.
So, for a change, an excellent day which has been very enjoyable.
Oh yes, one last thing, we have an appointment to go to Plymouth Hospital in July, only 5 weeks to wait which is a much shorter time than I was expecting as the paperwork said they aim to give you an appointment within 18 weeks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment