Tuesday 11 February 2014

Moving on

I haven't posted for several days because I have been busy most evenings practising for my driving theory test, which I took today and I passed!!!  Yesssss!  I am feeling quite pleased with myself as I was really nervous - I'm too old to be taking tests!!  The next thing, of course, is the actual driving test which is going to be really nerve wracking - but, hey ho, on we go, it has to be done! 
The other good move is that, yesterday, I went to pick up my regular prescription from Tesco and it was all ready and waiting for me.  If you remember, Boots (aaaagh) managed to lose my prescription completely last month so this is a good result.  I have also moved Pete's prescription now to tesco - I picked up the missing bits from the last one yesterday so, hopefully, won't have to go back to Boots again.  We will see how tesco do next month.
We had a session with Candy (psychologist) yesterday and it went well.  Pete indicated he was fine with no major mood swings now so we have decided she doesn't need to come again - but if I feel Pete isn't coping again then I can give her a ring.
I think we have more or less accepted the routine of our lives now - we know there will be no major steps forward, but there may be a few tiny tiny ones if we don't give up.  
There is the carers' meeting to look forward to tomorrow so I hope it won't be cancelled again.
Pete continues to have pain in his right leg which is a bit worrying, I may have to ring the doctor and see whether we can increase the nerve blockers - even though he is on 9 a day at the moment! 
I will say goodnight now - at least I should sleep better tonight!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment