Friday 13 December 2013

Very low week

This week has passed with Pete still fairly bad tempered and me still pretty down.  Our bathroom floor has been laid ok and, luckily, Pete saved all his anger about not being able to walk on it for me in the evenings so I didn't have the embarrassment of a rage in front of someone else.  It took 2 days and then he had to come back a third time to replace the support that goes round the toilet - I don't think he had planned to put it back as, when I asked, he said he would do it but would have to go and buy some sort of drill.  Helpful!  I knew it wasn't going to go smoothly but, all in all. It was better than I anticipated.
On Wednesday evening Martin took us out to buy a few Christmas goodies and the turkey.  During the afternoon Pete had said he wasn't coming but he did in the end.  
Yesterday Adrian came down and has gone home today.  Pete did so enjoy seeing him but it still didn't make him really buck up, and, of course, he was really upset after he had gone.  It was a visit we had been looking forward to and I was pretty sure WW would stop it somehow, so it was such a joy that he got here!!! Probably not too enjoyable for Adrian but it made such a difference to me to have someone there just to say something to and get a verbal response.  
Adrian saw us doing writing and sounds and was quite surprised at how he has progressed since he last saw him (back in July).  He also suggested doing a few little drawings which was a good idea and, I think, Pete liked doing that so we will include them into daily exercises.  I am also going to start trying to get some gestures learnt - today we started with 3 for windows (opening or shutting), specs and water.  If we just keep on with those 3 to start with then, hopefully, Pete will start to use them.  
I am convinced Pete is now slowly but surely withdrawing into himself more.  He does a fair bit of muttering (well, just making low noises) to himself and when I ask what is wrong he just shakes his head. 
WW has been in action again - the microwave worked fine Wednesday lunchtime but, at tea time, it just didn't cook anything or even slightly warm it up.  So, a trip tomorrow to get a new one - how did we manage without them?!?! 
I am out tomorrow night with the Lovely Ladies for our Christmas 'do' and am looking forward to it if only I can get a grip on myself!!  I hope Pete will be ok with Martin but am not convinced he is happy about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment