Wednesday 24 April 2013

Infection Again

Over the last few days I had noticed that Pete did not seem to be drinking very much at all - when he had a cup of tea he would only drink about one third of it, etc. Of course this led to the inevitable urine infection! Yesterday when I came home from work he seemed ok but then I had to go out again and, on my return, it was obvious something was very wrong with him. He was miserable and kept getting up to go to the bathroom (about every 10 minutes or so). After a couple of hours of this I realised it wasn't going to pass so had to ring the NHS Direct service for advice. They advised take some painkillers (crush paracetemol between 2 spoons and put in water, apparently just as effective as taking them whole) and drink (!!!) plenty and a doctor would ring back. A doctor eventually rang and we had to take Pete to see him - luckily Martin was already here as was doing an advert to sell our car - and antibiotics were prescribed.
I must admit I was a tad annoyed as felt Pete had brought this on himself to a certain extent by not drinking enough, so gave him a lecture about drinking lots of water and liquids, not very nice of me I know but it doesn't just affect him now - Martin had to give up time to go to dr and get antibiotics and wait around with us.
Anyway, after 24 hours of the antibiotics, and increasing his liquid intake tremendously (he has had nearly 3 bottles of water today) I think Pete is now feeling better and not going to the bathroom so much. However, I did have to cancel all his appointments for today, so instead of being a busy day, nothing much has happened. We have re-scheduled everything and one good result is that I spoke to Suzanne and she is coming on a different day next week so, hopefully, we won't get two therapy sessions in one morning again.
In the meantime we are now putting all our thoughts into selling the car and getting an automatic one instead - anyone want to buy it?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment