Monday 1 April 2013

May have to cancel Easter in the future!

Easter does not seem to be a good time of year for this family! My mum and dad both died at Easter, different dates, different years, but it was the Easter weekend. This weekend has not been as bad as that but Pete has definitely been suffering. Following the trip to A&E on Friday, and Pete seeming to be improving on Saturday, yesterday dawned with even worse pain and it was travelling down into his groin. After a few hours of wondering what to do, I eventually rang NHS Direct at lunchtime, was told a doctor would ring back and we ended up back at the hospital. This time they diagnosed an infection and prescribed anti-biotics, 2 to be taken right away and then 1 a day for seven days. Even more tablets! Pete took the 2 anti-biotics, had 2 pain killers and a bowl of soup (having not eaten for 2 days). He didn't have them all at once, but after the soup he promptly threw up! So that didn't go so well. He then went to bed, but got up again later, still in pain. This morning he seems a lot better and throughout the day has not been too bad, although at times it still seems to really grab him. He has walked around a bit when it gets bad, so I think it is back to the hip pain now and sitting on the sofa definitely seems to exacerbate it. He has brought the wheelchair into the sitting room and sits in that a lot which I think helps. He has also started eating a bit again, just really small amounts at a time. He does need to eat as his weight is quite low at the moment. He needs to put on at least a stone and a half to get back to normal.
I am hopeful that I can get to work tomorrow, but can't really say for sure until the morning. I think if I can't go then I will have to hand in my notice as they are not going to be happy if I take time off because Pete is unwell.
The weather this Easter has been very very cold but sunny, although today has been a bit grey. We haven't really been able to appreciate and enjoy the longer evenings, but I am sure we will in a few days.
And that is Easter over for this year - I am not looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment