Saturday 12 October 2013

Everything is Hunkey Dorey!

This is a very misleading title today!  Everything is Hunkey Dorey (is the spelling correct!?).  I have used it as the title because that is what Pete indicated to Candy (psychologist) yesterday.  In fact, it is far from it, but he doesn't like anyone to know we have problems.  He is trying to do more and not spending quite so much time lying on the bed but I think this is due to the fact I told him to stop just thinking about pain and do something to help himself.  I think Candy realises it is not as good as he tries to say it is but if he says his mood is getting better etc. who can argue with him?  She asked if he has been out at all, and he answered no which is true - he hasn't set foot outside the door for weeks apart from going to hospital appointments.  I don't know why he won't go out, he just points to his leg but I don't think it is that bad.  It is almost like the onset of agoraphobia.  She asked him would he go out for a walk that afternoon and the answer was an emphatic no!  Martin has offered to take us for a drive tomorrow afternoon, so I asked him did he want to?  He said no, but when I asked why not and that it would do us both good just to get out, then he said yes.  So, at the moment, we have arranged to go out but, when it comes to it, I'm not yet convinced he will.  
Pete does seem very keen to keep on taking the antidepressants - and yes, he does take one a day as prescribed, so goodness knows what breaking one in half a couple of days ago was about!! 
Aphasia is still causing major problems and arguments!!  I told Candy that I really would like to make contact with someone in the same situation as us (how many times have I said this) and she is going to ask around but - the usual problem, it is very rare for someone to be so severely affected with no breakthrough over time.  
We have gone quite a while now just drifting with no major knock-backs (touch wood) so I am ever so slightly hopeful we may be back on track.  Pete has the Urodynamics appointment on Thursday and, from Monday, I have to write down all his liquid intake and output!  The output is easy (obviously) but I think the easiest way to monitor input is just to use bottled water all the time and add up the bottles used per day!! 
And that is the state of play at the moment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment