Tuesday 19 November 2013

Thwarted at every turn!

My biggest wish is that Pete would be able to say a couple of words and that something would happen to give him a huge rise in how he feels about himself.  
Failing that, my next wish is that whoever, whatever would just leave us alone and stop thwarting us at every turn.  
The weekend passed quite quietly (I did go out on Saturday evening with the Lovely Ladies, but not for too long as Pete is so down - but at least it lifted me for a little while) and Sunday night was alright with no catheter disconnections!  Then Monday morning WW was back in action!  A letter came for Pete from the surgery saying something from his blood test needed further action or treatment, please ring the receptionist for details.  Straightforward enough until I rang them - there was no way she was going to give me the information, patient confidentiality again.  So I gave her the option to book me a call from the GP or write to Pete.  She opted for the phone call but the GP wasn't in until today - so, no problems, we could just worry about it for 24 hours.  When he rang today it is just that the level of something (he did say what but I'm not sure what it is) is very slightly up and he would like the full blood count repeated in a months time.  He will arrange for the district nurse to come and do that.  He has also put it on the notes that anyone can talk to me about Pete - I was under the impression the previous GP had done that but, obviously not!  
Today I had arranged for SKY to come and install Sky TV.  All sorted and arranged and the engineer would come, whack up the dish and connect us up. No problems.  All permission obtained from our landlord etc.  So he duly arrived just after 10am, checked around for where the dish can go, only to find that, because of some very high trees around us, there was only one place to put it.  And he couldn't get access to that spot because of a large camellia bush right where he would need to put his ladder!  After investigating the possibility of connecting us up to the landlord's dish which is already in situ further along the wall (the landlord's suggestion) it was established this couldn't be done for whatever reason.  Anyway, he is going to cut a bit of the camellia tomorrow and then SKY will come again next Tuesday, can't get here before.  So, not so easy after all.  So annoying and disappointing.
They are taking over our phone and broadband next week aswell, again shouldn't be any problems but, no doubt, WW will arrange for something to go wrong. 
It really gets me down that absolutely everything is such a fight.  I find it very hard to get motivated to do anything.  I want to email an aphasia research group, but haven't found the motivation to do it - I'm afraid of what they are going to say I think, as well as it seeming too much trouble.  This isn't a good state of mind but, at the moment, I can't snap out of it.  I'm sure I will at some point.  I hope so - there we go, that word hope again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment