Thursday 28 November 2013

WW Back in Action

So, WW (whoever, whatever) has been very busy and is totally back in action to make sure we have problems! 
Following the problems last week with the Sky TV installation, a different engineer arrived this Tuesday and actually set it all up with not too many problems.  He hadn't realised someone had been before  but he got right on with it, set it up, explained it all and was generally very pleasant and helpful.
Yesterday we were due to switch to Sky for broadband and phone.  Broadband went very smoothly and we were only without it for about 20 minutes, not so the phone!  WW woke up and got to work!  The phone never came on yesterday, so on the phone to them first thing this morning and the girl was very helpful, she rang me several times to say what they were doing and at about 11am said someone had to get it unlocked and they would ring me in about an hour.  And there we go, end of story for today and we still have no landline phone.  So, it will have to be an action replay tomorrow.
Also today Pete's sister and brother in law were due to visit and we were so looking forward to it.  First thing this morning Pete was sick, and then he kept rushing off to the bathroom.  I assumed he had the obvious and had to ring to let Ruth and Dave know the situation - so disappointed. I have since found I totally misinterpreted the situation and it was actually chronic constipation rearing it's ugly head!  He has had tablets for it but not sure what the situation is with him.  He has only eaten a bowl of soup today so that's not going to help the weight gain. Ruth and Dave did pop in for about half an hour which was really nice but I am still disappointed that it all went awry.  What did I expect though really? 
We had an enjoyable FaceTime session with Adrian last night as it was his birthday and he hopes to come home in a couple of weeks when he has 2 days off work together.  This would be so great but, I have to admit, I am almost certain WW will put paid to that plan in some way or other.  Just have to wait and see - it would give Pete such a lift to see him, and me! 
Other than those problems Pete hasn't been too bad for a few days, but it is so hard to get a smile out of him these days.
I have come to the conclusion I am a very bitter and twisted nasty person!  This evening I went onto a website of a lady trying to raise funds so she can go to America to have intensive rehabilitation so that she can speak, read and write again following her stroke.  There was a video of her and yes,  you have guessed - she can speak (obviously not as fluent as usual) and hold a conversation and write a few words.  Oh, I wish!!!  Yet another one who doesn't know the meaning of REALLY not being able to do either of those thing AT ALL.  I always feel so bitter and jealous when I come across these situations.  Not nice of me but I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment