Tuesday 5 February 2013

Getting things into perspective!

Tonight Mel has sent me a link to a website (www.stroke.org.uk/talkstroke/carers) and this is a fantastic site. It is a forum for carers of stroke survivors to ask any questions, discuss problems, etc. I am definitely going to get involved in this. But, me oh my, it doesn't half put things into perspective - our problems are actually pretty trivial compared to what some carers are coping with. Many stroke survivors seem to become very aggressive, violent and their personalities totally change. At least Pete is still the same person, yes he gets angry but we can deal with it and it doesn't last too long now. He is still my soulmate and our love for each other has not diminished at all.
We have also had a phone call from the local Stroke Association as a follow up and to see how we are doing so told her our problems and she is going to put out a few feelers and perhaps get someone to just come and visit and have a chat with Pete just to give him some support and she is also going to investigate any local carers.
Also Adrian has been able to find another website and he has contacted them with a view to being able to just chat (via e-mail probably) with other carers.
So, I will continue my battle with aphasia with a new heart! All is not lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment