Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sneaky Blog!

It is 10.30am and I am taking this opportunity to write a post whilst Pete is having a speech therapy session, so he won't know I'm doing it!
We have had 2 very fraught days, mainly because Pete wanted some things changed around. The thing is that he decides to do it and it has to be done NOW. Then he expects me to understand with vague arm waving what he wants. He wanted all the music system moved which involved disconnecting speakers and then re wiring them all up, as well as disconnecting and reconnecting each individual section (amplifier, record player and cd player). This did not go well with both of us getting very angry - but it was done in the end but we spent the rest of the day hardly speaking! Very bad atmosphere. He doesn't think things through like he would have before. Then he wanted a new small canvas wardrobe, which Martin got for us, but this involved rearranging some bits in the bedroom. I went to town in the morning and when I came back he had moved a lot of stuff and left total chaos! Then he couldn't grasp that where he wanted to put it was not a big enough space. More anger from us both!! I got frustrated that he couldn't seem to understand what I was saying, whilst he was adamant it would fit! Eventually he got the point and so more rearranging. He had moved and dragged a lot of things around and by the evening was totally exhausted, he seemed very vague about everything. This was a bit worrying but he seems ok this morning.
I can't help losing my temper, and nor can he - I tell myself to stop it, but it still takes over. These are very bad episodes as I know he can't help it whereas I can. Then I feel very guilty and depressed over what I have said to him (not nice things). What can I do about this?
We have done no exercises as he has refused to do them when I suggest it, so this is another bad side effect of my temper outbursts.
On the good side, he seems able to switch off his annoyance with me as soon as someone comes as yesterday he had a good speech therapy session and told Bev we had been out to Ilfracombe using the ordinance survey app on the iPad. Then when she had gone it was back to bad atmosphere for a while.
Also, good news, the doctor did ring yesterday and I have to go and get more sleeping tablets for him. The dr. said that was fine and he would put them on repeat (in other words don't bother me again???) but never asked how he was or anything or did we have any other questions.
Also I have been to see about returning to work in 4 weeks time and am waiting to hear back whether they can accommodate me dropping one day a week. I know they can as a couple of people are looking for more hours, but they just want to make me sweat!!! Pete will be glad to see the back of me I'm sure!!
So, that is the end of this sneaky blog whinging post!

No comments:

Post a Comment