Saturday 2 February 2013

Words.

No post yesterday only because I never got round to it!! The evening just slipped away from me! We had one minor upset when the record player decided not to work properly but after a phone call to Adrian that was sorted. But even this didn't provoke any rage from Pete. We are having such a relaxed time, it is so wonderful. Yesterday was also Martin and Mel's tenth wedding anniversary so we had a bit of a reminisce about that - good memories. They have gone away for a weekend together which they totally deserve - I have said it before and will say it again, they have been incredible supports to myself and Pete.
We had bright sunshine again today, you can really feel Spring is coming. Out for a walk again this morning - 3 photos of Pete in the garden, in the sun and looking GOOD.
The regulation exercises have all been done, the only fly in the ointment is Pete's arm. It is so stiff, but, thankfully, not too much pain at the moment. Also yesterday his right foot seemed to be bothering him, but there is nothing to see so at least there is no inflammation or anything.
Yesterday I decided to see if he could write any words without help - the first word I asked him to write was 'book' - and he did it! He put a bit of thought into it but got it right. Then we went on to just random 3 and 4 letter words and a very few he could do but others couldn't even get the first letter, there seems no rhyme nor reason to it. We just have to keep plugging away at it and this seems to be an exercise he enjoys. We don't spend too long on it, about 15 minutes at a time, as then he tries too hard and his brain refuses to co-operate! The main thing is that he can write his name now straight off without any trouble so if I lose him he can at least write who he is!!!
The toggles on the shoe laces are no problem now, Pete can move them down to tighten the laces quite easily. As I said, just practice.
The last two nights haven't been too bad despite not taking sleeping tablets - Pete has started having Horlicks as a nighttime drink so perhaps that helps. I think it is a totally disgusting drink so I am on the Hot Chocolate!!
I have started making plans now to return to work in mid-March. I have to go and see them and see if I can drop one day a week and the date to go back. The person to see is on holiday for the next two weeks so plans are on hold until then. The only problem I foresee is making the bed as Pete does the physio exercises on it, but he could at least just straighten it out to make it presentable!!








No comments:

Post a Comment