Saturday 27 October 2012

Count to ten .....

Today Pete seems to have been very angry and very bad tempered all day. I don't know why, doesn't seem to be any special reason, perhaps he's just having one of those days we all get at times! But I have ended up feeling quite tense and almost afraid to ask him anything as it just seems to provoke him. A couple of times he has been walking around and then got angry about something and almost fallen as has tried to walk away too fast - had me very worried. Anyway, I think I will just write it off as a rubbish day.
Now yesterday was a very different matter. My sister, Wendy, came for the day and we had a lovely day. She came armed with my iPad beanbag and another one for Pete to use as an arm support. These are absolutely brilliant and she makes them herself, that is what the photo is of today. Louise and Suzie came for physio and we had a lesson on how he should get up if he falls - he has to try to get onto his knees and then, with a chair or something in front of him, pull himself up using his good arm. He managed this well and it was the way he had got up in the bathroom a couple of nights ago. So it is now not such a worry should he go down but my heart was in my mouth a couple of times today as I thought he was going over!!
Pete thoroughly enjoyed seeing Wendy but by the end of the day he was really tired. He tires fairly easily even if he hasn't done much physically, just concentrating on what is going on can be exhausting for him, but, as I said, he really enjoyed yesterday. She said she was amazed at how well he is doing, even though she keeps up to date with his progress, just seeing it for herself was awesome!! This makes me feel better as when you are with him all the time you don't really notice so much.
Well, I think it is time for today to end, none too soon!! Have to change the clocks first though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment