Saturday 20 October 2012

Sunshine!!

Well, two days with NO rain! Sun has been shining inside and out. Seeing the sun makes us feel better straight away. We have been outside again with no problems at the door. Pete made his own sandwich for lunch, slight lapse in that he used his fingers to butter the bread, but I'm thinking this may have been deliberate as he managed better than using a knife!! I only held the bread whilst he cut it.
We have had a few problems today with communication but gave up before we got too stressed.
Pete is now using his stick when I'm not next to him - good or bad? Not sure but good I think as he is quite confident with it. He can connect the ankle brace himself now which lifts his foot so it doesn't drag. Talk about being over confident, he has just got up and misjudged a gap and toppled! Luckily the wheelchair was close and he landed in it! Phew!! Is my heart going!!! But he has now recovered and is off to the bathroom. This is good as when he uses the wheelchair he can't shut the door but when he uses the stick he can. He has just mastered this manoeuvre today, doesn't matter when just the two of us but can be difficult if anyone is here.
Well, we are awaiting (he has just arrived back safely thank goodness) the arrival of Adrian and Amie in about an hour or two. Hopefully, I will get some photos tomorrow and can introduce you to the whole of my fabulous family. They have all been my prop and such a support to us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment