Tuesday 2 October 2012

Right then, here goes! I've never blogged before and the reason I have decided to become a blogger is that my husband Pete is a stroke survivor, and I want to share the ups and downs of life as his carer. My name is Shirley, Pete and I have been married 39 years and have two grown up sons Martin and Adrian and 3 grandchildren, josh, robbie and Ella.  We were your average family until Friday 13th July when Pete suffered a major stroke.  He spent eight and a half weeks in hospital and came home 3 weeks ago.  Life is good that he is home, but every day is a struggle at some point due to his aphasia which means he cannot communicate In the usual ways. He has right side paralysis as well, although there is now movement in his leg, his arm remains non-active.
I aim to write a blog regularly in the hope that someone out there will read it and perhaps it may help them as well as me.
That's all for this first time, I will share more in the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment