Wednesday 31 October 2012

Spooooky!!!

As it is Halloween I thought this was the ideal time to tell you about some of the spooky events that have occurred recently!! First of all I have to say that, as a family, we all believe in ghosts and spirits, with Adrian being especially sensitive. If you don't believe, that is fair enough and you will probably have good explanations for the following. We have always had odd things happen, too many to mention, but these have all occurred since Pete had his stroke. He had the stroke on 13th July and that night, the first night here on my own, I was awake in the night, drinking a cup of tea and minding my own business when the tv in the bedroom suddenly came on! I nearly fell out of bed!! But, oddly enough, didn't feel scared which I would have been if Pete had been there. Weird!! Another day I had gone out to work and all was quiet when I left but when I came back I heard voices and found the tv on in the sitting room - now there is no way I had left it on as I would have heard it. A couple of weeks ago the tv in the sitting room decided to go on the blink one evening, no colour just lines rolling up and down. Pete and Martin spent ages pulling out wires, reconnecting, etc but to no avail, so it was decided we would have to 'get a man in tomorrow' to sort it. Turned it on next morning to check what it was doing and it worked perfectly - what was that all about??? Nor have we had any problems since! Finally, when Adrian and Amie were here we had two birds get in the house within about 5 minutes - a finch in one bedroom and a bluetit in our bedroom! They could only have got in through the window which was open about 2" at the top. We have never had birds in before in the last 11 years! We all thought this very odd, two different birds in two different rooms in minutes. (one of the photos today is of the bluetit quite happily sitting on our bed!) Now, looking back, we all wonder whether it was a sign that Adrian and Amie had intruders (they were burgled whilst staying here) - intruders here, intruders there, geddit??!! All very creepy and make of it what you will.
We have had a GOOD day today, no cross words and Pete quite smiley- sigh of relief! I did the online shop and, yes, I did buy frozen fish!! Didn't mention it to Pete though! Coward or what!!
We are both thoroughly enjoying Autumnwatch on tv and also Michael Palin in Brazil.
We had a visit from Robbie and Ella in their Halloween outfits,we both pretended to be mighty scared of course!
I realise I do tend to go on a bit, but just stop reading if you get bored! It's the end of a nice day - November tomorrow, where has this year gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment