Tuesday 4 December 2012

Censoring!!

When I have written my blog Pete likes me to read it out to him, which is fair enough as it is about us both. But I must admit that I do leave certain bits out, especially when it is about how I am feeling as if he knows I am upset, then he gets upset and off we go on an emotional bout. Today has been fine until this evening when, again, for some reason, I just keep welling up. I have to hide this as don't want to set him off, but if I disappear then he comes looking for me, so sometimes when I just want to go off on my own and have a good cry - I cant!! This doesn't really help but I have to think of him first so can mostly hide it.
I went to sort about his signature this morning and they said if I put an explanatory note with the signed form they will accept it - I hope they do! Will soon find out - it is all to do with money so it had better work!! They did suggest I should get Power of Attorney but this seems a bit extreme to me at this stage, after all he fully understands everything, it is just that his signature has changed. Anyway will see what happens.
Today we did all the exercises but I'm not sure I got the new ones right, but had a good go anyway. I can check with Suzanne tomorrow. Pete's foot was icy cold again and apparently this is quite common after a stroke - the brain not receiving message that the foot is cold and opening blood vessels to improve blood flow - you live and learn! So really just have to rub and massage it to get blood flowing better manually!!!
We are also continuing with sounds and may have got the 'Ooooh' sound as well now. One problem is that sometimes the brain just latches on to one thing and just keeps on with that and won't move on to something else, as in a different sound. There is a word for this but I can't remember what it is. We have got the speech therapist coming tomorrow which is the first time for two and a half weeks - but she won't see any difference. I haven't decided whether to say we are going for words/sounds, probably won't!!
I am feeling a bit better now after writing this! We had a good night last night so hoping for the same tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment