Sunday 2 December 2012

Sunday again.

We had a better night last night although we were still awake for a while and making tea at about 2.00am. But then went back to sleep after about an hour - much better!!
I am still trying to sort out how I really feel - am I sorry for Pete, am I sorry for myself or am I just sorry about the whole thing? Probably a bit of all three, but am trying to get more positive. The trouble with Sundays seems to be that come the afternoon, after a big lunch, I just want to relax but Pete doesn't seem to want to do anything, and there is nothing to watch on the tv. As I have said before I hate it when he just sits there either staring into space or staring at the floor, I feel I really have to do something with him. He doesn't want to listen to music or play on the iPad so it has to be exercises or something to pass the time. He would normally have either put music on, gone outside to do something or read the paper or a book or played on Angry Birds, but now he either doesn't want to do those things or can't. Or we would have put a DVD on but we are limited as to what he can watch - nothing complicated, although that is getting better. Anyway enough of moaning!!
We have done more sounds again today - no new ones but he is finding it easier to say the sounds we have tried already. He tends to get quite tense and try too hard, I have to keep telling him to relax and then he is better. He has also mastered a couple more of the mouth exercises on the iPad app which is encouraging.
Pete did indicate the cupboard where our Christmas decorations are and then looked up at the ceiling today. I got it that he thought about putting decorations up, but we have agreed it will be done next weekend - I always think 2 weeks before Christmas is plenty early enough!! Pete has always put up loads of decorations, many pinned to the ceiling, and a very good job he has always made of it, but probably this year they won't be so elaborate as I am not as good as him. It is probably the artistic side of him coming out!! Anyway, we will see how it goes next weekend!!
We are watching a programme about Aliens at the moment, and very interesting it is - makes you think. Pete does enjoy documentaries - as long as they aren't too sad which brings on the tears!!
Then it is the ghost story about Crickley Hall which he has followed very well so far even though it flashes back in time. A few weeks ago he would have been absolutely lost trying to follow that - so perhaps the CSI programmes may be back on the menu soon!!
And the rain is back today!

No comments:

Post a Comment