Tuesday 18 December 2012

Is There Anybody Out There?

I have been blogging for nearly 3 months now, can hardly believe how time has gone, but no-one has ever commented!! I know people are out there reading it as I am a bit obsessive about seeing how many people view every day!! There seems to be an average of 40 views a day and sometimes it spikes up to the 60's, 70's and 80's and, the day before yesterday 93, Wow!! And I am amazed to see I have views from all over the world, Russia, America, Lithuania, Denmark, Poland and Israel, to name a few. I hope some of them are like me, caring for a stroke survivor, and I would love to know if it helps to read the ups and downs of someone else, also I would welcome any comments from ANYONE! Anyone can email me (shirleypdutt@gmail.com) or even tweet me @ShirleyDutt - so, is there anyone out there??? Tell me what you think - even if it just to say I write utter rubbish!
Back to today, got the tablets for Pete, we are lucky in that he only has to take 6 a day, doesn't seem like many considering the severity of the stroke - but we are grateful to have to take so few. Apparently the main treatment after a stroke is just aspirin or paracetamol and tablets to control blood pressure. I also finished the Christmas shopping, thank goodness, and cards all posted, only got to finish food shopping now.
We did the whole range of exercises this afternoon, finishing up with the step ones. Pete should do 20 but only managed 15 today as then he started tiring and started dragging his foot off the step rather than lifting it, so we called it a day.
Then back to 'the book' with a cup of tea. I am disappointed with the aphasia side of it as thought Edwyn had no speech, but it seems he could say words. He couldn't read or write or say sentences that made sense, but he could say words. Now, as regular blog readers will know, this is the monster in our lives - absolutely no speech at all, so I was hoping this book would help us in saying how someone else coped, but it is not to be. Don't get me wrong, Edwyn suffered very badly physically in the beginning, much worse than Pete, but selfishly I wanted someone else to be the same as him. Wrong, I know, but that is how it is. We will carry on though and see how the days unroll for Edwyn.
Also we will carry on and see how the days unroll for us!
Photo today is Robbie in his school play - all I can get out of him is that he is 'a child' and it is about Victorian Christmases! He looks like butter wouldn't melt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment