Sunday 23 December 2012

Mr. Angry visits!

First of all, Pete had a better night last night and slept quite well. It almost seems to go in cycles whereby he sleeps ok, then as the nights go on, he wakes up more and finally has a night when he is more awake than asleep and then the cycle starts again. It is all very odd and I have no remedy for it other than to just go with it.
Well today Pete seems to have been a bit up and down during the day with a couple of visits from Mr. Angry! Not Mr. Extremely Angry, thank goodness, just short sharp bursts of temper. They happen mostly when he is trying to do some sort of task (for want of a better word) and can't do it properly first time. For example, today he was trying to get a mixer off the top of the fridge/freezer and it was obstructed by some empty ice cream cartons (it was he who decided to keep them, not me) and one fell so the rest of them were flung in all directions! I just left him to it and he then picked them up and marched off to the bin with them! I appreciate he finds it extremely frustrating not being able to do things easily, but he knows that temper doesn't solve the problem. There have been a couple of other episodes today over small things. They have not lasted long though.
There has been no rain today but it is coming in again tonight. I have never been so glad to live at the top of a hill! Apparently last night the road at the bottom of our hill flooded and some people had to leave their homes, but, thankfully, the houses didn't actually flood. We have plenty of water running off the fields at the back but it is rushing down the sides of the roads.
I think we are ready for Christmas now - plenty of food in! I have been on the stress diet since Pete's stroke and was quite shocked to see this morning that I have lost over a stone! Still, that means I can eat as much as I want over Christmas! I have to get Pete on the scales one day soon, but keep forgetting, but his appetite seems to have waned over the last month so must check that he is not losing too much although, in general, he seems quite healthy. I need to feed him lots of pies!!!!
Tomorrow we have the only session of physio this week, he misses the second one as it would be due on Boxing Day, then I need to do some cleaning and then put out all the biscuits, chocolates, etc. so they are easily got at! Then let the non-stop eating begin!!! Why do we behave like this??

No comments:

Post a Comment