Friday 7 December 2012

Change of Mood

Well, I think we may be back on track now! Last night just deteriorated from bad to worse, all about Christmas tree lights! They all worked at the beginning but then one set packed up. Easy solution, get more bulbs. But Pete didn't seem happy about this and wanted it sorted NOW. Anyway after lots of bad temper and swapping bulbs and eventually chopping off a plug (don't ask) and me not understanding what he wanted to do, and then me rewiring a plug at 10.15pm, we went off to bed in a bad mood and basically not speaking. By the way, I haven't rewired a plug before (I know, everyone should know how to do that, but I didn't) and had to do it under instructions from Pete, involving much banging around finding screwdrivers, etc.
This morning we woke and I resolved to be nicer as I really hadn't been last night. It went ok although Pete was very very quiet and subdued. I had to go into town so bought two more sets of lights and some spare bulbs. I also indulged in a little retail therapy for myself, and then got the left handed scissors and vegetable peeler for Pete. When I got back we had lunch but then the lights had to be put on the tree, so I counted to ten and then did that. Then it was on with all the baubles etc. which Pete helped with and the atmosphere was getting lighter all the time - so obviously all the upset was to do with getting the tree finished. Then he went and got a couple of presents that needed wrapping, so that was done and he used the new scissors to cut the paper - what a difference the right implements make. Worked brilliantly!
Then on to do exercises on his legs and hand, and I think we did them all - and to finish, a bit of toe wiggling!! We used the ball for some hand exercises which, I think, Pete found a bit painful but he wanted to continue so we did. Mission completed!
At tea time Pete tried his new peeler and peeled a potato with not many problems. Once he gets used to it, it will be great. Slow, but great. But now this is another task he can do and he can be more involved in meal preparation, which is what he wanted.
So, we are both much much happier tonight. About an hour ago Pete went off and got the local paper out and found the adverts for cats!! So, he wants a cat now, which I am all for. Not a kitten, more rehome an older cat, but first I have to get permission from the Landlord. We have always had a cat until just before we came here. We did think about a small dog but I was a bit concerned as he could fall over it and also would need walking. I think a cat would be ideal, especially an older one that likes to be fussed over. Will keep you updated on this!!
Phot today is our beautiful granddaughter after having her hair curled. Good day today.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment