Saturday 5 January 2013

Abandoned!!

Today we have abandoned FES! Last night we had about 2 hours sleep each, at different times. We had decided to stay up til about 1 or 2am in the hope that Pete would sleep better. We lasted until 12.30am and then went to bed, but it didn't help. After much discussion (!!) Pete indicated his leg was really bothering him, he was in quite a bit of pain with it and paracetamol didn't help. He put the FES on again this morning but when doing his exercises he was really rubbing his leg and wincing. Anyway we decided that the cause of the pain was the electrodes - he said the ache was inside his leg rather than sore skin. He took it all off and put the ankle brace back on, and he does seem to be much happier using that. He had more paracetamol after taking it off and now says, although still a bit painful, it is much better than it has been for a couple of days. I can't see a lot of difference in the lift of his foot, so we have decided to stay with what he is happiest with. Hopefully we will have a better night tonight - don't know what time we will retire though!! At least he has given it a go, and even though we thought it was brilliant, it just wasn't meant to be. So be it!
We have done letters and their sounds today and moved on a bit in so far as I asked him what letter he would write for the start of some words, it was a bit hit and miss but quite encouraging. This is the way to go - hopefully we can write notes to each other eventually!! I know I have said before that we were going to do this or that, but I really think now that words are going to be the answer. As soon as he gets the sound connection we will be away.
Pete has got potato peeling down to a fine art now, the dyspraxia has been kicked to the curb, he sets it up, jabs the potato on, peels it from the right angle, keeps turning it as necessary and Bob's your uncle!!
Hopefully, if Pete's leg feels better tomorrow, we will get back to full exercises. As I am writing this it has occurred to me that this was why yesterday's exercises didn't work and also why he decided not to go to Tesco's last night - could be I think.
Well, as I have been awake since about 4 this morning I am feeling a bit zombie like! Pete has had another 2 hours sleep after tea, so he is a bit better, but we will stay up as long as possible. If it isn't better tonight then I may employ a hammer to knock him out or else perhaps a whiff of chloroform!!! I AM joking, just in case anyone thinks I mean it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment