Friday 11 January 2013

Lazy Day

This is definitely going to be a short post as there is nothing to say today!!
This morning Mel and her dad called in, they both had hospital appointments and Mel waited here until her appointment time and her dad stayed a few minutes before going off to his appointment. As I think I have said before, Pete enjoys it when people come in. I had a lovely chat with Mel whilst Pete played angry birds on the iPad - but he was listening to what was being said! On Monday afternoon another young lady is coming with her little girl who about 9 months old (I think), and we are both very much looking forward to that. We have known her for a few years and when my mum lived with us she was her carer - she is a very caring person and has reassured me a few times that my feelings are normal. Pete hasn't seen her for probably about 2 years and when I said to him she was coming, it got the usual response now - tears!! Her daughter is an absolute cutie and I know Pete will so enjoy the visit.
We have done 15 minutes of letters and sounds, still concentrating on A, B, C and D. By the end of our sessions he has got the letters and sounds perfectly, but by the next day it has gone again but the time it takes to click back in again gets slightly shorter each day. Encouraging.
We have done no physio today! Mainly because we do it mostly in afternoons and Pete fell asleep after lunch today and slept until 3.30, I thought it was better to let him catch up on sleep than wake him for exercises. He has only done two sessions of walking, and has not had FES on today at all. But I don't think not doing everything he should is going to hurt too much.
The weathermen are talking snow and ice now but, thankfully, they are not forecasting very much at all down this way. That is just what we don't need at the moment as the narrow road to our place can get blocked and we have quite a bit on next week, visits, therapies and hospital appointment.
And that is it for today! Told you it would be shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment