Sunday 20 January 2013

Sleeping and Walking - but not at the same time!!

No post yesterday because I went out last night with the Lovely Ladies. Our ages are 25 (26 this week), 32 (33 in February), 40 (41 this week) and last of all me at 59 (60 in April) and we all get on so well despite the wide age range! We go and have a meal with a couple of drinks and don't stop talking! These evenings truly keep me going and I am already looking forward to the next one! At times like these you find who your true friends are - and these three are THE BEST.
So, enough about me, apart from saying I feel re-energised today.
Pete had one of the sleeping tablets Friday night (yes, a whole one as anticipated, but I didn't argue) and had a really good night - so did I!! He said he got up to go to the bathroom but I didn't hear him which is very unusual, I think I was more relaxed and not worried about him being awake and so went out like a light. He said he went straight back to sleep when he got back in bed so all good. He was a bit zombiefied yesterday morning, but not badly so. The decision was made that he would have half a tablet last night, which he did, but at some point he went and took the other half - addicted already!!! So that's 2 so far this week and he is allowed 4 which may be a problem in the days to come, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Pete has done his walking today, but no exercises - just because we are lazy!! But tonight he got up with his walking stick and then put it down and went off without it!! Whoa, he's not supposed to do that! I launched myself off the sofa to get behind him in case he went down, but he walked around the other sofa three times and only wobbled once. Excellent, but he better not do that on his own! I don't know what made him suddenly do that as its not been mentioned other than something to aim for in the distant future. Also tonight he stood on my foot with his right foot, the problem then was that he can't move that foot quickly - so ow, ow ,ow!!
The snow here has all gone but today Martin and Mel took the kids to a steep hill about 5 miles outside Barnstaple and found loads of snow to go sledging on - I can hardly believe it is so deep out there when there is nothing here!! There isn't any more forecast for us this week, it's just going to be cold and cloudy, then warming up next weekend - so bikinis out for that then! The weather just changes so fast.
Start of another week tomorrow, I hope it goes ok for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment