Tuesday 13 November 2012

Blocking Me.

No post yesterday, and almost none today either. The problem has been I have felt very weepy the last couple of days and it doesn't take much to set me off. We don't seem to be making any progress and Pete has been quite angry a lot of the time and isn't really letting me in, there are a lot of heavy sighs and much muttering of 'yea' , which is basically all he can say. His head nods and head shakes have been quite muddled over the last 2 days and I have to ask him to calm down and keep asking him the same question until I get a really definite answer. This is quite depressing. If I ask him if there is something wrong he just says no. So I feel we are getting nowhere. His arm has also been painful but, whereas he won't let me do any work on it, he lets the physios, nor has he done any exercises with me. I feel blocked at every turn, but there you go. No doubt things will change, in fact tonight he is practising writing the alphabet (copying) which is something he is letting me help him with. The other problem is that Bev has said about a regular meeting of aphasia sufferers that is starting in Braunton (about 5 miles away) in January and wants us to go - this is easier said than done when I can't drive and so now I'm worrying about that!! I seem to be looking for the downside of everything at the moment so need to pull myself together and start being more optimistic and find answers.
On the upside, Pete has had 2 sessions of physio this week so far, and another tomorrow, and 2 of speech therapy. Suzanne runs an out patient clinic/class once a week at the hospital with equipment such as an exercise bike and she wants Pete to attend that so that could be a bit of a trial as, although it's not far to go, I will have to take him down a narrow road which is a bit scarey!
Just seems to be problem after problem at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment