Friday 9 November 2012

Form Filling Day

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, not quite genius level but fairly compos mentis, but stick a long, complicated official form in front of me and I turn into the classic gibbering idiot! I have to read each question about 6 times before I can answer it, the only exception being my name and address!!! Today has been a form filling day - starting with the application for Carer's Allowance. I managed to complete it with a few crossings out and have posted it off - I'm not ever so hopeful as it looks like you can't get it if you are employed, which I am although I am on unpaid leave. Now just have to wait and see what they say. Also completed the form applying for a Blue Badge which was fairly easy, just sorting out copies of things they wanted proved time consuming. I have also filled out a form for work which is our annual review (even though it's done every six months) and that took a bit of thought as I usually put I am doing the best I can which has always been acceptable but this time I have a few issues with them that need sorting and had to word it politely but get my point across - now have to wait for a date for an interview about it. The final form, which is still looking at me, is an application for a provisional driving licence! I am still trying to psych myself up to learn to drive but it is proving quite difficult!! But one day soon I will have to bite the bullet and do it, filling in the form will be the first step.
We have now got the appointment for Pete's Botox follow up and more injections if necessary so that hospital department is really on the ball.
Pete has been very relaxed today and chilled! At one point I went to find him and saw the front door wide open with no sign of him, as the half step wasn't out I did have a quick panic and expected to find him in a heap outside the door - but no, he was hiding out of sight!! Just winding me up! The other thing he does is pretend to use the wrong leg first (good leg first to go up and bad leg first to go down).
We haven't done any exercises but will make up for it tomorrow.
I am really looking forward to tomorrow as I am going, with Mel, to meet a couple of the girls from work for a meal and a drink. Martin is daddy sitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment