Sunday 18 November 2012

Sunday again!

After the last two Sundays I was rather dreading this one - but .... Third time lucky!!! Today has been really good. No angry outbursts, no spells of feeling really hot and it has been a nice relaxing day. Most of the morning was spent in the kitchen - not my favourite place as I am certainly no culinary expert. Yesterday when we were outside Pete spotted some apples still on a tree and went to pick them - after questions I ascertained an apple crumble may be on the menu for today! Preparing lunch went very smoothly with Pete helping do roast chicken breasts and veg, I obviously was much more on the ball today as I got everything he tried to do. Then on to make an apple crumble, again all went well and it was cooked to perfection, as was the first course. I am such a rubbish cook that I feel quite proud of the results (photos today!!)
We have done core leg exercises yesterday and today and also some arm exercises. Then onto foot exercises which I am having a bit of a problem with as I can't get his right heel flat to the floor all the time. I will have to ask Suzanne tomorrow to show me again how to do it. He walked back from the bedroom to the living room with bare feet - this is to get him walking without the ankle brace which pulls his foot up and stops it dragging, this isn't too successful yet but should improve with practice.
After publishing yesterday's post I remembered some other things Pete can do - put the washing into the machine and set it going, take it out and put it in the tumble drier and set that going, this takes quite a lot of effort as can only carry a few bits at a time so has to go backwards and forwards a lot. Empty the drier when it had finished and clear the filter. He can also use the microwave but I have to watch that he doesn't put anything metal in it - he has tried a couple of times! He always checks all our lottery numbers and knows straight away if we have won anything (a rare occurrence, but it happens occasionally), and, finally, he feeds the chinchilla and also a goldfish we have staying at the moment.
All in all, a good, enjoyable day.



No comments:

Post a Comment