Friday 16 November 2012

Sleep!

Last night Pete did not sleep very well at all. I don't know if it was a continuation of not being so good yesterday or just a bad night. He wanted to take 4 paracetamol when we went to bed but managed to persuade him that 2 were plenty. He also wanted the wheelchair left by the bed rather than pushed out of the way, so this was probably a clue that he wasn't expecting to sleep well. He doesn't normally get out of bed during the night, if he needs to do what comes naturally he uses a bottle (too much information???). We always wake up at least once and have a cup of tea but when I woke at about 3am and went to make a cup I could see he had already had one and some biscuits! He had also put all the pans and dishes away that had been left to dry after tea, so had been very busy! He went to sleep after our cup of tea for a while. The went back to sleep again at about 7.30am for a couple of hours. Then he has slept most of the afternoon and again some this evening - so probably not going to sleep again tonight!
When we got up he seemed very down and very emotional for some reason, but cheered up by lunchtime and hasn't been too bad since. He had one period of getting very hot again after tea, but none of this vaguely looking around thank goodness. It wasn't particularly hot in the room, just nicely warm and the heating wasn't on so not sure if this is still something to do with yesterday morning. I am pretty sure he didn't have a temperature as his forehead felt nice and cool - I don't do thermometers and never have done, so we don't have one in the house, come to think of it I don't know what a normal temperature should be!! That's bad!!! But I have always found that feeling the forehead gives you a good clue.
He disappeared for a while this afternoon, front door wide open again - but no sign of him! He had gone out on his own!! He obviously managed alright and then I watched him come back in and he did that ok, put his stick in the right place (which I normally have to do) and no problems. He is getting very independent physically and can do a lot of stuff. We did some numbers this afternoon and he is very good at 1 to 10. Can write most of them and then I was asking him to point to the number I was saying and we were going really fast and he got it right every time, so I think that pathway is well and truly set.
Well, another day done - just got to watch 'I'm a Celebrity' on tv (the only reality show we watch) then off to bed, hopefully to sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment