Tuesday 27 November 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Well, Christmas Day is exactly 4 weeks today! I know this because it is Adrian's birthday and that means 4 weeks to go. Today he has hit the grand old age of 30! I hope he has had a good day, at least he and Amie both had the day off. Photos today are of Adrian (not acting his age!) and one of him and his lovely partner Amie. They were taken in July on one of the few dry sunny days we had when they were down in this part of the woods.
Pete hasn't seemed particularly upbeat today, not wanted to do anything, although he did put some CD's on at one point when I was cleaning. The physio session was cancelled and re-scheduled for Thursday. It has seemed quite a long day today. The weather has been wet, again, and when it wasn't raining it was thick cloud - that makes you feel depressed in itself.
We have been out to Lidl tonight to do some shopping but even that didn't particularly cheer him up. One thing I find really annoying is that he won't turn the wheel on his wheelchair, still insists on using his left leg, so if he wants to stop he just puts his foot on the floor and one of these days I am going to hurt it because I am still trying to push it along. Also, if he were to turn the wheel then I wouldn't find it so hard to push it as he would be helping. I really don't know why he won't do it.
Also had a few communication problems but at least he didn't get angry. I have said before about him getting very emotional, well tonight he was crying watching the news about flooding in Wales, especially when they said an elderly lady had been found dead in her house. These sad stories really affect him. He would have been concerned before, but since the stroke, they really upset him.
I must start some Christmas shopping soon, just can't seem to get interested in it yet. Mind you, that isn't unusual! Today is the day I always think I must get on with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment