Tuesday 6 November 2012

Happy Day!

Pete has been very happy and smiley today and all my bad feelings have gone! I had a couple of lovely messages of support after Sunday, one from a young lady who is a carer by profession and she said it is ok and natural to feel resentful and impatient - so that made some of the feelings of guilt recede. Another from a lovely lady who also said she thinks of us a lot and thinks we are doing well, so thank you both, I really appreciate it.
Back to today, I changed the sheets on the bed with a lot of help from Pete and then went to town. When I came back one load of washing was washed and dried and sitting on the bed and the sheets were in the washer - this is how it used to be and felt so normal. He had also cleaned a couple of marks off the carpet - does this sitting in the wheelchair and bending over to rub cleaner in and wash it off. Brilliant!! After lunch we both had a snooze (this could be becoming a bad habit for me but what the hell!!) and then waited for the physio to come - which she didn't! I don't know what happened but as she is one of the first team and should have finished I don't feel I can make too much of a fuss. We tried to do some work on the iPad where I asked him what he would draw if he wanted to ask what we were having for tea - he drew a rabbit!!! I know this was him being silly as he was laughing, but feel quite encouraged that he was actually drawing something without being told. But we didn't get very far as he wasn't taking it seriously!
Then after tea,sausages which he totally cooked himself, we were off to Lidl again. Pete was very excited about this and ready with his coat on early. The trip went really well and got everything we needed, we had a good look round and, again, he stocked up on cake and chocolate! I also just went into the kitchen, wondering where he was, and found him scoffing a trifle we had just bought!
Total change of subject, when I was in town went to buy a poppy and found you can get bracelets (the rubbery ones) now, so got a couple of those as the normal poppies always seem to end up either lost or looking really shabby as if you had recycled last years!
Watching Rolf Harris on tv at the moment - that man is amazing for someone in their eighties.
Well, end of another day and things are looking good at the moment. I have put a photo of a cactus that flowered during August just because it is beautiful and makes me feel all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment